- Method of treating obstructive airway disease by co-administration of thymosin ß4 and DNase I. Filed June 7, 1995. Serial number 08/483,572
- Use of surface active agents to promote mucus clearance. Patent number 5,925,334 Filed 28 August 1997. Issued 20 July 1999.
- Method of administering aerosol therapy to patients with a laryngectomy. Filed 30 March 2000. Patent 6,701,926 issued on 9 March 2004.
- Methods for the treatment of infectious and inflammatory airway diseases (with Markus Henke coinventor). Filed February 2004 Application number 11/068,141
- Quantification of Biopolymer Filament Structure. Samir A. Shah, Pete Santago, and Bruce K. Rubin. Software copyright Wake Forest University September 2005.
- Methods and Composition for Decreasing Cohesivity of Pathologic Respiratory Tract Secretions. (Allan L. Goldstein, co-inventor) WO/2007/02578 Filed 28 August 2006
- Aerosol dapsone for the treatment of chronic inflammatory lung disease. Co-Inventors Bruce K Rubin, Soichiro Kanoh, Tsuyoshi Tanabe. Filed April 2010. Licensed to Nostrum Pharmaceuticals and InspiRx in August 2012
- Method of inhibiting mucus secretion. USP 2011/0065744A1. Co-inventors Helmut Albrecht, Bruce Rubin, Jeanclare Seagrave, Chul Kim,Gail Solomon.
- Inhibiting transforming growth factor beta to prevent and reverse airway remodeling. Invention disclosure filed November 2012